I recently did a little research on Kroger saving strategies and I am very pleased to say that I found lots of things that make me very happy.
These are the Top 10 Things You Should Know About Kroger!
1. Kroger Plus Card: The Kroger Plus Card is Krogers customer loyalty program. Use this card to get special savings throughout the store. 1 dollar = 1 point. Dollar amounts are rounded. Then use the points that you earn during the next month to get fuel rewards for up to 8 fill-ups!
2. Kroger Fuel-Perks: See above. Kroger fuel perks are based on the spending from the previous month (example: You use rewards from spending in November during the month of December) Most times you get to use your rewards on 8 fill-ups. The max discount is .50 off per gallon. What you may not know is that local Kroger stores occasionally run specials where they DOUBLE fuel perks. Last month I received 1.00 per gallon on 8 fill ups. If you have a large SUV like I do, you just saved tons of money.
3. The Scan-Rite Guarantee: You may have seen these signs around your local store but not understood what they meant. The Kroger Scan-Rite guarantee means that if an item rings up at the wrong price then the item must be given to the customer free of charge. All that you have to do is take both the item and the receipt to the customer service center and explain the situation. Ask for the scan-rite guarantee. If someone gives you the run around, ask for a manager.
4. Double and Triple Coupons: Kroger does not have an official company-wide coupon policy on doubling and tripling. Most regions/stores have their own policy. My local stores here in central Ohio double all coupons up to .99 cents. Some stores only double up for .50 cents but triple up to .39. Ask your local manager what the coupon policy is. Kroger also runs specials where they triple coupons that usually would only be doubled. Watch for items around the store.
5. Kroger Plus Card Coupons: These are also known as "e-coupons". You register your Kroger Plus Card on their website and then load coupons on it it. These coupons will automatically deduct from your total at the register when you use your card. You can print a list of the coupons currently loaded on to your card on the website. The great thing about this is that you can pair e-coupons with paper coupons. This is a huge deal. The e-coupons are considered store coupons, which can be paired with manufacturers coupons. This is an excellent way to score free items. However e-coupons will never be doubled or tripled.
Say Paper Towels are on sale for 1.50
You have .50 manufacturers coupon
and .50 Kroger E-coupon
(You take an extra .50 off for doubling the manufacturers )
6. Kroger Community Rewards: You can search for programs in your area (such as schools and churches) that have signed up for the Kroger Community Rewards Program, then you select the programs you would like to have added to your card and Kroger gives back to those programs every time that you use your plus card!
7. Re-usable Bag Discount: Most Kroger stores will take of .03 cents for every reusable bag that you use. Simply tell the cashier about the discount and how many bags you have. Most are more than happy to give you a discount.
8. Sale Prices: Kroger has a great (and rare) policy when it comes to sale prices. Many stores will have 10 for 10 sales, but the catch is that you have to buy 10 or the price goes up. At Kroger you would get the items for 1.00, regardless of how many, or how few, you buy. This goes for any sales (like 2 for 4.00 items would be 2.00 each), not just 10 for 10 sales.
9. 10 for 10 Sales: Need I say more?
10. Kroger Promotions: Here you will find lots of great things. Kroger freebies, special savings, and contests. Right now you can enter the Kroger Summer of Savings contest once per day through September 11th 2010. Just spin the wheel and win free stuff!
I hope that you have found this helpful! If you have more tips for Kroger shopping, feel free to comment! Share this list with your friends or bookmark it for future reference. Make sure to use the clickable links above to see more about the topics!