As a new Mom (well, kind of, I guess he's almost 19 months, a far cry from the tiny baby he was in the picture above) I always have coupons for the baby stuff that I buy. I also received a lot of freebies and samples when Ian was a baby. I got tons of free formula, diapers, wipes, and a bizzilion high value coupons. Other Moms are always asking me; How do you get all of this free stuff?!?
Luckily, it's no big secret. It's all about signing up for the right clubs, memberships, programs, and websites. Once you sign up with these companies, many of them start sending you coupons, freebies, and samples through the email and in your email.
The best time to sign up for these programs is while you are pregnant. Some of the companies will send you information that goes along with your pregnancy. Some of them even send out Mom to be freebies. But if you sign up when you are pregnant (and enter in your due date), many of them will send you samples before the baby arrives, and then again at certain ages (3 months, 6 months, ect.). But new Moms, don't fret! It's not too late to sign up!
I have worked hard to come up with the best list of the programs that new Moms and Moms-to-be should sign up for. These are all programs that I have personally been a member of for several months, and I trust them.
Also, a lot of people sign themselves, and the babies grandparents up for some of these programs. It's nice for grandparents to have diaper coupons lying around, just incase..and if they don't use them, they can give them to you. The same goes for the free formula programs!
1. Huggies Enjoy the Ride Rewards: This is an awesome program. If you sign up with huggies they will send you tons (and I mean TONS) of coupons. Plus, once you are signed up you can enter rewards codes that you can later redeem for even more free stuff. Rewards codes are found on huggies products. Though, they release tons of promotional codes that will get you free points. I always post the latest codes here.
2. Pampers Gifts to Grow/Pampers Ivilliage: Another diaper program! While Pampers doesn't tend to mail out coupons quite as often as huggies, they still do mail them out from time to time. They also have a rewards program similar to that of huggies. The latest free codes are always posted on our page!
3. Similac Strong Moms: The Similac Strong Moms program is the jackpot of freebies! When you sign up Similac will send you two full sized cans of Similac formula, along with formula coupons. They will often send you coupons worth 5.00 off or more! They also have links on the site where you can print off coupons to give to your OBGYN to get freebies from their office. Also, most hospitals will get you a freebie kit from Similac that has a diaper bag, breastfeeding advice, cans of formula, and tons of other great stuff.
4. Enfamil Family Beginnings: This is another great formula freebie. They will send you one full sized can of formula, and tons of great coupons and information when you sign up. They also have coupons that you can print off and take into your OBGYN, Hospital, and/or Pedi to get even more free stuff. Most hospitals will also give you an Enfamil diaper bag filled with freebies when you give birth. Even if you plan on breastfeeding, signing up for these formula programs may be a great idea. It's a great way to just have a little bit of formula on hand (in case of an emergency) plus both Similac and Enfamil and great sources of information on breastfeeding. They both even have lactation consultants available to talk to over the phone 24 hours a day for advice and questions! That is just so wonderful!
5. Gerber Start Healthy: This is a cool program because it grows with baby. While this program hardly ever sends out free stuff, they rock with coupons. You tell them how old you baby is and they start sending your coupons towards products that they may be ready for as they grow. At the beginning you may get formula checks, and breastfeeding supplies coupons, while at 6 months old you may start getting coupons for juice, baby food, and baby finger foods. Also, Gerber Goodstart sends out very high value formula coupons from time to time. I have got a few that were for 15.00 off any one can of formula!
6. Babies R Us Newsletter: This is not a club or anything, but it's a good idea to sign up. They will send you ads FILLED with coupons a couple of times a week through email and once or twice a month in the mail. The mailers usually have a 20% one baby item coupon in them. It's a great way to save on those expensive baby gear purchases!
7. Free Baby Talk Magazine Subscription: This free subscription is basically always available. It's a great magazine filled with cool stuff for Moms! It's not really a money saver (though it does have the occasional coupon inside) but it's a great freebie for Moms and Moms to be. While you are signing up for all of the other programs, you might as well sign up for this one too!
8. Beechnut Family: The beechnut family is another cool program similar to the Gerber program. They send you tons of great coupons for the products you baby needs as he or she grows. However, they also send out free sample kits at different times. I know that they send one for infants, one for toddlers, and a few in between. These sample packs usually contain sample sized products as well as coupons for free full sized products!
9. Luvs Network: Generally, there are no freebies here, and they don't have a rewards program like Huggies and Pampers. They do however send out high value coupons quite often. I get coupons for 2.50 off any luvs diapers regularly, which is great because luvs diapers are a great way to go if you are trying to save money because they are already low priced, and they are good quality diapers.
10. Free American Baby Subscription: Another great free baby magazine. Generally these have a couple of decent coupons in them, but nothing great. But it is a great read!
11. Nursery Water Free Offers: This is a really cool freebie. Every single day Nursery water gives away 100 free tote bags and coupons. If they are already out for the day, just go back the next day! The tote bag is really cool. It folds up into a tiny little keychain that you can just clip on to your diaper bag. Then, if you need an extra bag, you just unfold it! I seriously love mine. It also comes with some great nursery water coupons and some brochures.
I hope that this has been helpful to you! Saving money on baby stuff is so awesome. I have saved thousands of dollars through these programs since the birth of my son. I sincerely hope that you can do the same thing!
Please feel free to comment and ask me to add more programs if you think that I may have missed something great!
As always, Enjoy!